MINNEAPOLIS (April 17, 2018) – Just in time for bid season, General Mills Foodservice announces new and improved items to its line-up of K-12 products for the 2018-19 school year.
“We value the feedback we get from school foodservice directors and from our most important critics of all—the students themselves,” said Kari Teigen, marketing communications planner for K-12 at General Mills Foodservice. “It is their input which helped drive the decision to add more on-the-go cereal pouches, revamp our pancakes and also introduce a new Southern style biscuit.”
The latest changes and additions to General Mills’ K-12 product offering give schools more versatile, easy prep, great-tasting and kid-loving options to serve students. The new products include:
Two New On-the-Go Cereal Pouches
Recognizing that schools appreciate the on-the-go cereal pouch format as a flexible menu item they can serve throughout the day, General Mills is adding two new 1-ounce equivalent grain options:
- Lucky Charms™—giving schools a gluten-free cereal option
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Reduced Sugar—25 percent less sugar, no artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources; CACFP Eligible and Smart Snack Compliant.
The new varieties join two other options already available on school menus: Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ and Golden Grahams™.
New Pillsbury™ Non-Whole Grain Biscuits
With the addition of the Pillsbury™ Non-Whole Grain Biscuit, now school foodservice operators have yet another tasty biscuit option to create breakfast or lunch sandwiches, snacks and sides.
- Southern Style with a rich, buttery flavor
- 2-ounce equivalent grain when used with a Whole Grain Waiver
- 410-580 mg sodium per biscuit
- Easy split format for seamless sandwich preparation
Pillsbury™ Mini Pancakes are Tastier than Ever
Increased maple flavoring and improved texture make Pillsbury™ Mini Pancakes even more delicious and more appealing to kids. Now schools can serve the pancakes that kids prefer. 1
- Versatile, individually-wrapped option great for breakfast and snacks
- 2-ounce equivalent grain
- Thaw and serve or heat and serve
- No artificial flavors and no colors from artificial sources
- Available in Maple Burst’n™ and Strawberry Splash™
In addition to these latest product updates, General Mills previously announced new products including, Pillsbury™ French Bread, Annie’s™ Cheddar Bunnies and Pillsbury™ Filled Crescents that starting appearing on school menus in January. Complete details on all of General Mills’ products available to K-12 schools can be found in the 2018-19 K-12 Product Guide.