Flaky layers of puff pastry are sugared, rolled and folded in this method that makes classic cookies so easy.
- Thaw puff pastry sheet, covered, until flexible; at room temp. 15-30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Roll sheet out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Combine cinnamon and granulated sugar in small mixing bowl.
- Brush pastry sheet with water, sprinkle on 1 cup of cinnamon & sugar mixture evenly.
- Press rolling pin lightly press sugar mixture into dough; fold long edges into center, meeting in the middle.
- Brush top with water and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; use rolling pin to lightly press sugar mixture into dough.
- Fold pastry sheet in half lengthwise to create a layered puff strip; brush both sides with water and roll in coarse sugar.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices and place on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Add additional parchment paper on top of slices; place 3 sheet pans on top for weight while baking.
Convection Oven* 325°F 20-25 minutes
Standard Oven 375°F 22-28 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 10 minutes of baking.