Make this sweet southwestern fried bread with frozen biscuits.
- Thaw biscuit pucks, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight under refrigeration.
- Roll each biscuit puck into discs approximately 6" in diameter and 1/8" thick, using minimal flour, dusting surface if needed.
- Cut each disc of dough into 4 triangles.
- Drop portioned sopapillas into preheated oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through, turning as necessary.
Deep Fat Fryer 350°F 2-4 minutes.
- Drain on wire rack.
- Dredge in granulated sugar while still warm. Serve immediately.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce.