National School Lunch Week is October 10-14, 2022 and is the perfect opportunity to highlight some of the many benefits of cereal:
- Cereal provides 50% of daily iron, over 25% of daily B-vitamins and zinc, 21% of daily fiber and 24% of daily vitamin D intake in those who eat cereal.¹
- Cereal is the #1 source of daily whole grains for kids 2-12 years.¹
- Kids who eat cereal have 44% higher total dairy intake compared to kids who don’t eat cereal.¹
- Cereal and milk together contribute over a quarter of daily calcium intake (27%) and over half of daily vitamin D intake (55%) in kids, ages 2-17.¹
Celebrate all the benefits in your cafeteria by serving cereal throughout the day. Cereal isn’t just for the A.M. In fact, it’s a great way to drive participation, create a full meal without meat, and add variety during the lunch hour.
Download and explore Chef Monica’s Crunch for Lunch
* featuring 2 oz. equivalent grain cereal cups—and don’t forget the milk! Try them at your school, mix and match, and tag @GeneralMillsK12 on Instagram to show us your creations.
Crunch for Lunch ideas + New! Crunch for Lunch Recipe Booklet!
Get your National School Lunch Week festivities started with these ready-to-go posters, social content and even Spotify playlists.
*Each menu idea fulfills the 3 of 5 components required for an “O er vs Serve” lunch and is NSLP- and SFSP-eligible.