With another school year just around the corner make General Mills your go-to partner for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Remember, beginning October 1, 2017, participants in the program are required to receiving meals under the new meal pattern which includes more whole grains! Some highlights of the changes to the meal pattern include:
- At least 1 serving of grains per day must be whole grain-rich
- Grain-based desserts no longer count towards the grain component
- See USDA memo for flexibility for grain-based desserts. Our Nature Valley Crisps and Annie’s Bunny Grahams can credit toward the grain component!
- Breakfast cereals must contain no more than 6 grams of sugar per dry ounce
- The combined fruit and vegetable component is now broken out into separate vegetable and fruit components
- Unflavored whole milk must be served to 1 year olds and unflavored 1% or skim milk must be served to 2-5 year olds