New York style thin crust pizzas are usually large, lending themselves to “by the slice” sales, while the long fermentation time sets their flavor profile and aroma apart. This formula can be used for both medium-thick and thin crusts depending on your preference.
|All Trumps Flour
||5 lb 9.6 oz
||16 lb 7 oz
||41 lb 1 oz
||82 lb 2 oz
*Temper water to achieve a finished dough temperature of 78-82°F.
- Add the water, flour, sugar, salt and yeast to bowl and blend until flour is hydrated by the water (approximately 1 minute on low speed).
- Pause mixer and add oil, then continue to mix to just under full gluten development (approximately 8 to 10 minutes on low speed).
- Divide dough into desired size dough pieces, round, and place in oiled dough trays. Cover trays to prevent drying.
- Proof overnight in the walk-in cooler (8 to 24 hours) and then bring to room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes before use.
- Sheet, top and bake at desired temperature (suggested 450 to 500°F) until done.