A good Neapolitan crust makes the pie, so don’t overdo the toppings on this pizza. Light and airy inside with a crispy exterior, this crust tends to get a little charred while baking which adds a unique aroma and flavor.
|Gold Medal® Neapolitan Flour
||6 lbs 5 oz
||31 lbs 8 oz
|Salt (Sea Salt, Fine grind)
||1 lbs 2 oz
||16 lbs 9 oz
||82 lbs 12 oz
*Temper water to achieve a finished dough temperature of 78-82°F.
- Place water into mixer bowl along with the salt and mix with dough hook for 2 minutes on low speed or until dissolved.
- Add Flour and yeast then mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Continue mixing for 8 minutes on low speed.
- Remove dough from bowl and allow to rest for 15 - 30 minutes (keep dough covered to prevent drying).
- Divide and round dough into desired portions.
- Place dough balls into tote or on sheet pans lightly coated with vegetable oil or flour. Cover dough balls and refrigerate.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to warm to room temperature for approximately 60-90 minutes or until 60°F minimum.