This hearty dough is great for making veggie pizzas due to its satisfying density and slightly tougher chew than white dough. Missing that delicious nutty flavor in your pizza crust? The 51% white whole wheat formula is your answer.
||51% WHITE WHOLE WHEAT
|All Trumps Flour
|White Whole Wheat Flour
||1 lb 2oz
|Total, as if mix was produced commercially.
||31 lbs 8 oz
|Total weight with water and yeast added.
*Whole Wheat statement is based on the mix weight. It does not include the water or the yeast.
- Place water into mixer bowl.
- Add flour and minor ingredients except oil.
- Blend on low speed for 30-45 seconds.
- Add oil slowly and mix for an additional 6 minutes on low speed.
- Recommended finished dough temperature is 75-78°F.
- Cover dough and allow to relax for 15-20 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough into desired size pieces, round and place into oiled dough trays or on oiled sheet pans.
- Cross stack dough trays in walk-in cooler or for sheet pans place on rack and allow to cool until dough reaches approximately 42-46°F.
- Down stack dough trays and place a lid or empty dough tray on top or for dough on sheet pans, cover rack or plastic wrap trays individually.
- Allow product to ferment overnight in walk-in cooler.**
- After 18-24 hours, bring product out of walk-in and allow to relax at room temperature for 60-90 minutes.
- Process dough for pizza based on needs.
**Dough balls can remain in walk-in cooler for up to 48 hours if needed.