Twinkle lights and festive wreaths go hand-in-hand with an uptick in diners seeking fun seasonal desserts. In fact, restaurant sales trend up between 4.2% and 6.4% in November and December. This is a fantastic opportunity to capitalize on the heavier diner traffic, and increase dessert sales, through menu specials and grab ‘n go holiday merchandising. A holiday display of packaged desserts is both eye-catching and convenient for the busy holiday customer.
Here’s a collection of fun, seasonal ideas to delight diners and increase revenue this holiday season using the versatile, long-trusted portfolio of Gold Medal™ Dessert Mixes.
5 ways to delight holiday diners
- Package your signature bars, cookies or cupcakes in grab ‘n go holiday packaging so that customers can bring their favorite treats from your restaurant to holiday parties, family gatherings or gift exchanges. See our handy tool-kit below for help getting started!
- Consider offering a shortbread cookie mix-and-match toppings kit. This crumbly, buttery classic is easy to make and can be topped, dipped or customized by patrons of all ages. A take-home cookie decorating kit allows your customers to celebrate merrily without the hassle of assembling their own ingredients. Here’s a simple Almond Shortbread Cookie recipe to get you started.
- Menu a holiday dessert sampler plate. With Gold Medal Mixes, sweet treats can be made from just a handful of ingredients. From bars to cupcakes, to cookies and cake pops, offer an impressive dessert sampler plate for diners to share and enjoy.
- Set-up a build-your-own dessert bar with cookies, cupcakes and bars complete with an array of frostings, fruits and festive sprinkles that diners can use to create their ideal holiday dessert.
- Host a cookie and wine pairing event. Menu classic cookies (or other holiday desserts) and pair each with a wine to complement its unique flavors. Don’t forget to make the atmosphere festive!
Delicious any way you bake it
According to our website, these are the most popular dessert recipes operators are searching for. Take these ideas as ready-to-go recipes, or starting points for your own signature holiday culinary creations!
- Eggnog is a rich and creamy beloved holiday treat. Two of our most popular recipes are the Holiday Eggnog Cake and the Eggnog Praline Mousse Cake.
- Cookies are the ultimate holiday classic. Here are some of our most popular holiday varieties for inspiration:
- Make it festive! These Chocolate Brownie Snowball Dessert Pops add the perfect sparkle to your holiday menu.
- Try these twists on a classic brownie—Double Fudge Brownie Crisps or Mint Glazed Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Brownies.
Ring in holiday revenue!
Give your patrons a reason to stop in this season—and attract new customers—with a holiday display featuring grab ‘n go treats using Gold Medal Dessert Mixes. The added convenience of pre-packaged treats will be appreciated by your customers and profitable for you.
Our free downloadable kit has packaging resources, ready-to-print labels and grab ‘n go inspiration to get started.