Pillsbury’s NEW! Golden Buttermilk Baked Biscuits have been reformulated to deliver a superior biscuit preferred by patrons when compared to our previous biscuits¹.
What Makes a Great Biscuit?
- Texture: Ideal biscuits have a dual texture with a crisper top and a soft, tender inside.
- Flavor: Light, buttery flavor with the appropriate levels of sweetness and saltiness.
- Appearance: Uneven top, light and fluffy and a golden brown color all suggest a scratch-made biscuit
- Consistency: Superior quality and holding means minimal waste.
Pillsbury’s Golden Buttermilk Baked Biscuits Have Enhanced Taste and Texture
Pillsbury’s Golden Buttermilk Baked Biscuits have improved both taste and texture to deliver a better biscuit experience:
- Desired balance of Sweetness and Saltiness
They also provide Back-of-House benefits:
- Consistent ease of splitting
- Improved tolerance to maintain softness over hold-time¹.
- Easy warming in variety of prep-methods: convection oven, standard oven, warmer, microwave
Pillsbury™ Golden Buttermilk Baked Biscuit Rebate - Love Them or They're Free!*
Spicy Sicilian Sliders (using Pillsbury™ Golden Buttermilk Baked Biscuit Mini, 1 oz)
Turkey, pepperoni and mozzarella nestle in a little slider-size sandwiches made with Fresh Pillsbury™ Whole Grain-Rich Mini Biscuits.
Watch this video by Corporate Chef Gilles Stassart, which highlights what makes a great biscuit, what we did to improve our current Pillsbury baked biscuit, how the renovated baked biscuits compare to the previous ones and ideas for how to menu baked biscuits.
¹ Source: General Mills Product Guidance & Insights; The National Food Lab (Plymouth, MN); n=125 (Feb 2020)
* NPD SupplyTrack Executive Topline, Total Foodservice, Frozen Biscuits, $ Vol Last 12 Months thru Aug 2020