Several school nutrition heroes from across the country will be showcased
on a wall-of-fame at the General Mills booth #863.
MINNEAPOLIS (July 7, 2022)— General Mills Foodservice is shining the spotlight on school nutrition heroes at this year’s School Nutrition Association’s Annual National Conference (ANC) taking place July 10-12 in Orlando. Fifteen “TrayBlazers,” designated by General Mills as operators who have gone above and beyond to keep kids fed in their local communities, will be featured on an interactive map at General Mills’ booth (#863) along with their inspiring stories. ANC attendees can also nominate one of their peers on the spot to be recognized as a future #TrayBlazer.
The #TrayBlazers initiative is a recognition program to showcase and celebrate school nutrition professionals, giving them credit for the hard work they do each day, thinking big and taking action, and trailblazing the lunch tray and beyond. General Mills recognizes one school nutrition professional each month, highlighting their story on the #TrayBlazer website and awarding them with a commemorative Wheaties box with their picture.
“We are so inspired by these TrayBlazers and all of the school nutrition heroes nationwide who have served their students as well as their entire communities throughout the pandemic and beyond,” said Rebecca Thompson, senior director of marketing for General Mills Foodservice. “We share their stories to celebrate their accomplishments as well as to inspire others with the latest innovations, insights and tips they can use within their own school district.”
The school nutrition professionals who have been named #TrayBlazers to date include:
- Maria Anderson, Roseville and Saint Anthony-New Brighton School Districts in Minnesota
- Alicia Braun, Coppell Independent School District in Coppell, Texas
- Tim Butts, Aramark K-12 in Beloit, Wisc.
- Crystal DeCaro, Lacey Township School District in Ocean City, N.J.
- Sara Dan, Sarasota County Schools in Sarasota, Fla.
- Maria Eunice, Alachua County Public Schools in Gainesville, Fla.
- Tonya Felton, Anniston City School System in Anniston, Ala.
- Emma Anne Hallman, Haleyville City School District in Haleyville, Ala.
- Donna Martin, Burke County School District in Waynesboro, Ga.
- Kelley Mitchell, Fontana Unified School District in Fonanta, Calif.
- Alex Molina, McAllen Independent School District in McAllen, Texas
- Casey Partain, Marshall County Schools in Marshall, Ala.
- Kelly Raser, Jordan Public Schools in Jordan, Minn.
- Sara Supplee, Fridley Public Schools in Fridley, Minn.
- Caroline Trinder, Regional School Unit 23 in Old Orchard Beach, Maine
General Mills will continue to highlight deserving #TrayBlazers each month for the remainder of the year. To read about the #TrayBlazers from around the country or to nominate a school nutrition professional or school district, please visit www.generalmillscf.com/trayblazers.
About General Mills Foodservice
General Mills Foodservice serves the foodservice and bakery industries by providing quality products from time-trusted brands along with culinary, nutrition education and marketing resources to help operators succeed. Its distinguished brand portfolio includes Big G Cereals, Yoplait, Nature Valley, Gold Medal, Pillsbury, Chex Mix, Bugles, Gardetto’s and Annie’s. For more information, please visit www.generalmillscf.com.
# # #
CONTACT: Sarah Peterson
General Mills Foodservice