WHAT: As COVID-19 requires foodservice operations to rethink ways to safely serve patrons, General Mills Foodservice is offering a free webinar to help meet growing demand for more grab & go options.
“Grab & Go: Packaging is the New Plating,” a free webinar, will feature experts from General Mills as well as Edward Don & Company, a nationwide distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies, and Pactiv, a food packaging manufacturer, to discuss ways foodservice operations can best serve patrons during these challenging times.
“In this new era of COVID-19, consumers are trying to limit their time in public spaces like cafeterias and are seeking out grab & go options more than ever,” said Becca Picha, a marketer at General Mills Foodservice who works closely with non-commercial foodservice operations. “We hope this webinar will bring some new ideas and solutions to the table, from simple recipes and ready-to-serve products to best-in-class packaging, to help foodservice operators adapt their menus during these challenging times.”
Providing 1 free CEU upon completion,* the webinar will offer participants the opportunity to learn about:
- Ideal products for grab & go
- Easy prep, low labor recipe ideas that work well for grab & go
- Types of packaging and when to use them
- Suggestions for merchandising and pricing
WHO: Speakers include:
- Gilles Stassart, CEC, CCA, corporate chef at General Mills Global Culinary, with extensive experience in helping hospital and senior living foodservice operations by providing support, training and inspiration.
- Lauren Grant and Christine Tasca, national account managers with Pactiv, and Mike Earle, a sales representative at Edward Don—all with expertise in identifying the best packaging options for foodservice operations’ distinct needs.
WHEN: The webinar will be presented live at 11 a.m. CST on Oct. 14, 2020 and available for download following the live presentation.
Foodservice professionals can register to participate in the live webinar here
About General Mills Convenience & Foodservice
The General Mills Convenience & Foodservice division serves the convenience, foodservice and bakery industries by providing quality products from time-trusted brands along with culinary, nutrition education and marketing resources to help operators succeed. Its distinguished brand portfolio includes Big G Cereals, Yoplait, Nature Valley, Gold Medal, Pillsbury, Chex Mix, Bugles and Gardetto’s. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, the division had fiscal 2019 net sales of $1.82 billion. For more information, please visit www.generalmillscf.com.
# # #
CONTACT: Sarah Peterson
General Mills Convenience & Foodservice
*Attendees may receive 1 CEU with select organizations upon completion of the webinar by registering and logging in to the webinar with their individual credentials to receive credit. These organizations include:
- The American Culinary Federation (ACF): This program is approved for 1.0 continuing education hours toward the initial or recertification application for ACF certification. Note: These programs are not endorsed, accredited, or affiliated with ACF or the ACF Certification Program.
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) on behalf of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND)
- The Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP)
- The Research Chefs Association (RCA)