- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add squash, salt and pepper; cook until fork tender, stirring occasionally, approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves and butter, cook 2 minutes; remove to heat and allow to cool.
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature until pliable but cold, approx. 15-30 minutes.
- Cut each sheet into 6 squares.
- Place #70 scoop goat cheese in middle of each square; spread to within 1/2-inch of edge.
- Add #24 scoop of squash mixture on top of each; brush edges of each square with beaten egg.
- Fold opposite corners together to create triangle; dip fork in flour and press firmly along edges to seal.
- Place triangles on parchment-lined full sheet pans; brush tops only with remaining beaten egg.
- Cut 3 small vent holes on top of each pastry triangle to allow steam to escape.
- Bake as directed below until flaky and golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool.
Convection Oven* 350°F 15-20 minutes
Standard Oven 400°F 18-24 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 7 minutes of baking.
Tip: Assemble ahead and store in freezer until ready to use. Remove from freezer, brush with remaining beaten egg and cut vent holes at that time. Add approx. 10-20 minutes to bake time.