- Add 3 1/2 cups water and cake mix to mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment; mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour remaining 3 1/2 cups water slowly into bowl while mixing on low speed until combined.
- Stop mixer and scrape bowl and paddle; mix an additional 2 minutes on low speed.
- Divide batter equally between two parchment-lined full sheet pans; bake as directed below and allow cakes to cool in pans.
Convection Oven* 300°F 10-14 minutes
Standard Oven 350°F 14-18 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in a convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 5 minutes of baking.
- Add yogurt, whipped topping, juice and beverage mix to large mixing bowl; whisk until mixture is light and airy and well-blended.
CCP: Keep Yoplait yogurt and whipped topping refrigerated <40°F until ready to prepare.
- Add 1/4 cup lemon zest; whisk until incorporated.
- Hold under refrigeration until ready to assemble.
- Turn out one completely cooled cake from sheet pan; spread 1/2 of mousse evenly over cake.
- Turn out second cake onto top of mousse layer; spread remaining mousse on top and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Refrigerate finished cake 2 hours before cutting.
CCP: Hold Strawberry Lemon Mousse Layer Cake under refrigeration at <40°F until ready to serve.
CCP: Refrigerate unused Strawberry Lemon Mousse Layer Cake <40F.
CCP: Discard any unused Strawberry Lemon Mousse Layer Cake after 2 days.