General Mills Foodservice is adding another exciting option to its popular line-up of Pillsbury™ breads to help schools serve student-favorite sandwiches. Pillsbury French Bread, featuring a hinged side to keep tasty fillings intact, is ideal for a variety of hot or cold sandwich options. The easy-prep bread is thaw and serve or heat and serve for maximum menu flexibility.
“Pillsbury French Bread gives schools another easy-prep option that opens up a number of possibilities to create sandwiches that students will rave about,” said Chef Monica Coulter, who works closely with K-12 schools and created recipes featuring the new bread that make the most of USDA ingredients and are reasonable for school nutrition staff to make. Recipes such as Fish Po’Boy with Cajun Sauce, Chicka Boom Boom, Smokehouse BBQ, Thanksgiving Sub, Greek Tuna Boat, French Dip and more using Pillsbury French Bread are available at www.generalmillscf.com.
Pillsbury French Bread
- 2 oz. equivalent grain
- Thaw and serve, or heat and serve
- No artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources
- Hinged side to keep fillings inside
- Endless sandwich possibilities
- Sandwiches are a popular choice on school menus and are the top cold entrée choice1.
- Sandwiches servings have grown 4 percent on school menus since 20152.
- Bread is the top driver on what makes a sandwich great3.
For more information on Pillsbury breads and sandwich ideas, K-12 foodservice directors can contact their General Mills Foodservice sales representative at 1-800-767-5404.
1SNA Operators Report 2014
2NPD Onsite Data - Secondary Schools, YE Mar 2016
3Keynote Report Sandwiches, Datassential