The 2018 Neighborhood to Nation Recipe Contest from General Mills Foodservice is back and bigger than ever before! We're awarding 5 regional recipe winners, increasing our prize packages and adding more local publicity to celebrate independent “neighborhood” restaurants and the one-of-a-kind dishes that reflect their local flavor.
Neighborhood to Nation Video
Watch the video and prepare to put your restaurant on the map this year.
Download Product Rebate
Save up to $50 on 1 case of Neighborhood to Nation eligible products.
Enter your prize-worthy appetizer, entrée or dessert recipe using one eligible General Mills product between March 1–April 30, 2018. Five Regional Winners will be awarded $5,000 cash, $1,000 for a charity of their choice, a Hometown Celebration Event and a publicity package–total value of $20,000. On top of this, one Regional Winner will be awarded the Grand Prize, receiving an additional $25,000 cash, $4,000 charitable donation and trip for two to Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival!
Five Regional Winners will receive:
- $5,000 cash
- $1,000 donation to a charity of their choice
- Hometown Celebration Event that will take place at the Winner’s restaurant or food truck
- Publicity package worth up to $15,000
Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Regional Winner’s Prize is $21,000
See past winners.
One Regional Winner will be awarded the Grand Prize and will receive an additional $25,000 cash and $5,000 for a charity of their choice, for a total prize package of:
How to Enter
- Select an eligible product. Try out multiple products with the rebate for $50 off of one case of product.
- Plan your recipe. List the ingredients, measurements and detail the preparation steps that make your recipe a winner. Include garnishes and any other detail you want to be considered by the judges.
- Create your account. Answer a few key questions about you and your restaurant so that we can confirm eligibility. Once you have your account set up, you can sign in and start your recipe entry – then come back later to complete and submit.
- Submit your recipe between March 1-April 30, 2018. You will receive an email confirmation when your recipe is officially onto the judging stage. Stay up-to-date during the judging stage by following us on Facebook. Come mid-July, we hope you’ll be on the other end of the phone when we call the 5 regional recipe winners!
Learn about the largest food and wine festival in New York City!
Tools for Entry
Set yourself up for recipe success with the Neighborhood to Nation Recipe Contest planning tools.
Get inspired from the past Neighborhood to Nation winners and their creative recipes.
See the 2017 Winners
Contest open to independent restaurant and food truck operators only.
Click here for Official Contest Rules