NATIONAL CEREALWEAR SWEEPSTAKES
MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter: To enter the National CerealWear Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), from 8:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on August 2nd, 2021 to 11:59 P.M. CDT on November 30th , 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”), take a photo of you with your favorite General Mills cereal product, then visit: generalmillscf.com/resources/ promotions/cerealwear-sweepstakes and follow the directions to upload your photo and complete the entry form to receive one (1) entry. Enter often, no purchase necessary to win. All entries must be submitted from a Student issued email address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices or programs, script, macro, or any other means which subvert the entry process will be void and will result in disqualification. Entries are the property of General Mills Sales, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. CDT on November 30th, 2021 to be eligible.
2. Eligibility: Open to all students attending colleges and universities (“Student”). You must be legal resident of the United States and the District of Columbia, who
is 18 years of age or older, and be located within the United States at the time of entry. Void outside the United States and District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of General Mills and their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, the judging organization, and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons residing in the same household, whether
or not related, of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. . By completing
the sweepstakes entry form, you agree that your entry confirms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below in section 5 (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion may decide not to post your photo and disqualify you from the sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your photo fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
3. Fifteen (15) Prizes: Fifteen (15) entries will win the grand prize of one (1) CerealWear Prize Package which includes; one (1) Trix™ b-ball jersey; one (1) Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ b-ball jersey; one (1) Lucky Charms™ or Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ bucket hat; one (1) Honey Nut Cheerios™ tie-dyed sweatshirt; one (1) pair of Honey Nut Cheerios™ tie-dyed socks; one (1) Lucky Charms™ snack bag and one (1) Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ fanny pack. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $250.00. Total ARV of the prize: $3,750.00.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value. All applicable federal, state, or local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance not specified herein as being provided are the responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes. If eligible winner is 18 years of age but still deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award such prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Limit one (1) prize per Student. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
4. Random Drawing, Winner Notification, and Awarding of Prizes: Fifteen (15) potential prize winners will be selected by a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, on or about December 6th, 2021 Drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about December 6th, 2021. In addition to the releases and other requirements set forth within these Official Rules, at Sponsor’s discretion, each Potential Winner (parent/legal guardian if Potential Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) (collectively an “Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice. In this situation, if a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute, and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she refuses his/her prize for any reason, that Potential Winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Winners will receive their CerealWear Prize Package by January 10th, 2022.
5. Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions
• The photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• No professional photos or videos, unless you have owner consent, plus consent of everyone appearing in the photo;
• The photo must not contain photos of children under 13, specifically a child’s image or any information that identifies a child at a school location;
• The photo must not contain brand names or trademarks other than that of General Mills;
• The photo must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
• The photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, illegal, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, profane, violent, threatening, harassing, hateful, tortious, defamatory, mean, slanderous or libelous;
• The photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, political views, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• The photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created; and
• The photo must not transmit anything that contains viruses or anything else that’s harmful.
Also, please make sure you understand and agree that we (Sponsor and its affiliates):
o Own everything you post. We can use it however we see fit, including copying or modifying it for use elsewhere. We can choose to not allow (or remove) any posting at any time.
o Abide by the following (from our lawyers):
DISCLAIMER. SPONSOR AND ALL AFFILIATES THEREOF WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF ANY PORTION OF THESE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF GENEAL MILLS AND ALL AFFILIATES THEREOF SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. You also agree that your CerealWear Entry becomes the sole property of General Mills, and General Mills reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer and use any or all of it, without compensation.
7. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Winner agrees that (except where prohibited) Sponsor may use winner’s name, picture, likeness, and voice for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation or notification to or permission from such winner or any other third party. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor and its promotional and advertising agencies, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support of the Sweepstakes, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) shall have no liability and shall be held harmless for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for lost, late, garbled, delayed, destroyed, inaccurate, misdirected, or stolen entries, registrations or transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. If Sweepstakes Site fails for any reason, any Entry during that time will be deemed a defective Entry and is void and will not be honored. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper
play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may select potential winner[s] in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the date
of cancellation or suspension. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries which may damage a user’s computer or system or limit a entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. CAUTION -- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL AVAILABLE REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or
any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall
be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. Winner List: A list of winners will be posted on or about December 31st, 2021 at sweepstakes.generalmillscf.com
Sweepstakes sponsored by:
General Mills Sales, Inc.,
One General Mills Boulevard,
Minneapolis, MN 55426