What’s sweet, spicy, deliciously saucy and on 58% of US restaurant menus?1 Barbecue! Diners want to savor the season with tender, smoky, finger-lickin’ feasts.
Barbecue dishes are showing up on menus with all sorts of global flavors and creative takes:
Corn muffins: BBQ’s perfect partner
Slightly sweet, slightly salty, crumbly and easy to prepare, cornbread and corn muffins have always been the perfect partner for tangy, smoky barbecue. But recently we’ve seen cornbread expanding its boundaries, spreading across menus from desserts, to salads to protein carriers to small plates.
Creative corn muffin and corn bread applications
- Jalapeño Cheese Corn Muffins: A little spicy and a little cheesy, these muffins surprise and delight as a creative twist on the classic barbecue side.
- Strawberry Cornbread Panzanella: This inventive recipe took home the grand prize at the 2017 Neighborhood to Nation Recipe Contest!
- Easy Corn Muffin Fruit Cobbler: Corn muffin mix is great for dessert, too. Make this super-easy super-tasty corn muffin fruit cobbler, or experiment with cookies made from corn muffin mix.
- Corn muffins (and cornbread!) can be used as a great carrier for proteins. Check out Chef Ted’s delicious Whoopie Pies for inspiration.
- Make Hush Puppies, a classic Southern-style side often served with barbecue.
Only the good stuff
Two of our mixes, Gold Medal™ Corn Muffin Mix and Southern Style Cornbread Mix, contain zero artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources.
TIP! Place a No/No callout on your menu next to items made with No/No mixes. This will encourage health-conscious diners to order them.
Check out our Cornbread Mix Troubleshooting Guide for the answers to common questions and concerns.
1Datassential SNAP! March 2018