This is a very troublesome time for the restaurant and beverage industry and we want you to know that we are here to support you in any way that we can. We have compiled some tips, tricks and resources to help keep you successful and safe.
TAKE OUT TIPS AND TRICKS
Now is the time to be communicating off-premise options and experiment with different third-party delivery providers. Most providers are deferring fees and offering other solutions. A couple of examples:
- Matching promotional offers (now is the time to run promotional offers)
- Deferring commission fees to restaurants
- Created a Community Relief Fund to support restaurants
- No delivery fee for patrons (patrons should look for the EAT LOCAL banner in the app and fees will be waived).
- Remove some menu items: Don’t be afraid to trim some items from the menu, especially ones that don’t sell well or don’t work as well with takeout and delivery. This can help reduce prep time and complexity when short-staffed.
TAKE OUT RECIPE IDEAS
If you’re looking for versatile ways to use your Pillsbury™ Frozen Bakery items or your Gold Medal™ mixes here are some easy to prepare recipes for dishes that taste as fresh at home as if they would in your restaurant:
Leverage social media to promote your take-out offers and promotions. Download our handy infographic full of social media tips, tricks, best practices and inspiration for commercial foodservice operators like you.
CONNECT WITH YOUR COMMUNITY
There are even more resources for operators and up-to-the-minute intelligence on the coronavirus pandemic. Join the “Coronavirus in the Food and Beverage Industry” group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/winsight.health/?fref=nf
You can also lean into your state restaurant associations for additional resources. Many are offering helpful webinars and other support opportunities.
Our Distributor partners and other industry experts have great tools and resources to leverage as well. A few examples you might find useful: